210 Words - Part 4

Last time, we learned that a waitress at Waffle House by the name of Jessie Jones apparently knows the whereabouts of the missing gem. Our story continues several blocks down the street. 

-----



At the nearby police station, a waitress named Jessie Jones is speaking to officer Burgh and his associate, Pepper Jack. "When I was walking home late last night, I saw a burly man walking down the opposite side walk when someone else jumped out of the shadows onto his back. The second man was lanky. They started fightin' and the first man dropped somethin'. I think it was the diamond. The second man got knocked out. The first person saw me as he was leaving. I never would have seen his face if he hadn't come over to me and threatened to kill me if I told anyone of what I saw." Jessie is now upset and panicked. "That's all I know! I promise!"
"Thank you, Ms. Jones. But can you describe the person with the diamond?" says Lem comfortingly. Meanwhile, Jack watches through squinting eyes, his features motionless, his expression icy. By now Jessie is in tears, but she describes the thief's features.  
"Thanks, Ms. Jones, we'll ensure yer safety," Pepper says as he and Lem stride from the room.
"Any ideas, Jack?" asks Lem.
"I know that it's Daniel Charleston."
"But he's the proprietor of Charleston's Apparel for the Sophisticated Man!"
"He's the only one with that description."

No comments:

Post a Comment